PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Saturday, November 6, 2010

Mexican Stuffed Shells

When I saw this recipe in the cookbook, I was a little reluctant.  It sounded strange.  I like your usual Stuffed Shells; mozzarella, ricotta, and Parmesan cheeses.  This one just sounded strange, but I was willing to take the risk and make them.

I WAS SO HAPPY I DID! VERY, VERY GOOD!!

Recipe from:  Taste of Home: Everyday Light Meals
(Yes, it seems that I cook a ton of recipes out of this cookbook.  When my mother-in-law passed away in February, I was lucky enough to receive all her 50+ cookbooks, so I'm picking one or two different ones a week and cook from them.  It's very neat because her handwriting is all throughout these books with recipes she's made and changed.  On the note of my mother-in-law, I have to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY CATHY!  Today would have been her 62nd Birthday, she is deeply loved and missed!)

Ingredients:

*24 uncooked jumbo pasta shells
*1 pound lean ground beef
*2 cups salsa
*1 can (8oz) tomato sauce
*1 cup frozen corn
*1/2 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
*1 cup (4oz) shredded reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend or cheddar cheese

TOPPINGS:
*8 Tbsp reduced-fat sour cream
*8 Tbsp salsa
*1/4 cup sliced ripe olives
*1/4 cup sliced green onions

Directions:

1. Cook pasta shells according to package directions; drain.

2. In a nonstick skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain.  Stir in the salsa, tomato sauce, corn and beans.  Spoon into pasta shells.

3. Place in a 13x9 baking dish coated with nonstick cooking spray.  Sprinkle with cheese.  Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until heated through.  Top with sour cream, salsa, olives and onions.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by April Showers