PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Thursday, September 23, 2010

"Homemaker"

So it's official.  I am classified as a "homemaker."  Today, I was filling out paperwork for Jackson's school and it asked me my job title.  There was an "oh-so-convenient" list of job titles with tiny little boxes to the left.  As I looked down the list to find my job title, I realized that I didn't know what my job title was exactly.  Yes, I could check the box "self-employed," "manager," "teacher," "counselor," "babysitter" to just name a few, but to my surprise there was a job title "homemaker!"  I quickly checked the box and felt appreciated.  There are many of days where I feel that people take for granted the SAHM.  Yes, we stay at home with our kids, but that doesn't mean we are sitting around eating bon-bons all day!  I am making breakfast, lunch and dinner; washing, folding and putting away clothes, doing the dishes, taking and picking up my son from school, grocery shopping and cleaning the house, you see I don't sit around and eat bon-bons, I simply eat the bon-bons while doing the daily errands, I can assure you it's not while sitting! 

So I say this with great gratitude to the people who were so kind to make a job title "homemaker," thank you for appreciating the SAHM!

"She looks well to the ways of her household, and does not eat the bread of idleness."  Proverbs 31:27

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by April Showers