PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Sunday, October 24, 2010

Chicken with Red Sauce

We had company over last night and I decided instead of trying a new recipe, I would just make something that I knew was good and easy to double for multiple guests.  This is my Moms recipe and it's a crowd pleaser!  I'm going to give the directions for a single batch, which serves 4.

Ingredients:

*4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
*1 tsp salt
*1 Tbsp sugar
*1/2 garlic clove, minced
*1/2 cup chopped onion
*1/2 cup water
*1 cup ketchup
*1/4 cup lemon juice
*2 Tbsp butter, 1 Tbsp melted for sauce, and 1 Tbsp for browning chicken
*2 Tbsp all purpose flour (For browning chicken)

Directions:

1.  Flour chicken and brown in 1 Tbsp of butter in a dutch oven.

2. Mix together all other ingredients and pour over chicken in dutch oven.

3. Simmer on med-low until chicken is cooked through, usually about an hour to an hour and a half.  Lower, slower cooking is better.

**I usually serve this with rice or baked potatoes!

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Sounds easy and delicious, I may have to try this sometime soon!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by April Showers