PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Sunday, October 3, 2010

Jey's Birthday

Tomorrow is technically, my dear hubby's birthday but today we celebrated since he will be at work tomorrow.  I have to say it was a very uneventful day.  It's funny how when it's either my or his birthday the only request from each other is not to change any diapers, cook, clean or have any major responsibilities with the kids.  So that's exactly what he received.  He sat around and watched T.V. all day, well just football (which is normal on a Sunday anyways) and I had to endure all the kid stuff along with making him his requested dinner and cake.

When I asked him what he wanted for dinner, he of course had to pick the most time consuming meal and cake!  He said "oh just whip up a Boston Cream Pie.  Yesterday, while he worked and I had both kids for the 6th day in a row without him being home, I just "whipped up" a Boston Cream Pie.  Two and a half hours later with both kids screaming at my feet it was finally finished.  Take a look:    

The recipe I used added a chocolate layer of cake between the two yellow cakes.  It was a very nice addition.  Then I used a vanilla and rum custard instead of vanilla pudding for the filling. 

For his dinner, I made his favorite blue cheese encrusted filet mignon, garlic mashed potatoes and Parmesan roasted asparagus.  Even through all the complaining and stressful feelings while making his birthday dinner, I wouldn't have had it any other way.  He deserves so much more than just me slaving for hours and hours in the kitchen for his birthday dinner request.


Daddy Duck and his lil' ducklings

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by April Showers